Happy Thanksgiving from all of us here at A-1 Auto Repair! We hope that you are your family had a wonderful holiday and have more amazing holidays to come this winter season. If you are planning on traveling this time of year, it is important to have your vehicle inspected here at our shop before you hit the road. This vehicle inspection will allow our mechanics to verify that your vehicle can handle the long haul and will allow us to catch any issues before they turn into problems on your trip.
Along with a vehicle inspection, being sure that your car is well maintained throughout the winter will be key to avoiding stressful breakdowns and car trouble throughout the season. Some important car maintenance items to take care of this winter include:
- Checking tire pressure, making sure that you have the proper tire tread, and have a tire balance and rotation performed if necessary
- Inspired windshield wipers and have them replaced if they are dry or cracked, also making sure that there is ample wiper fluid
- Have your car battery checked for charge and make sure spark plugs are in good condition
- Check that all of the exterior and interior lights are working properly
- Inspect the brake system to guarantee that the brake pads, rotors, and lines are good
- Check all fluids and flush out any fluids that are dirty or low
All of the following winter car maintenance items will ensure that your vehicle stays reliable throughout the winter months. The experts here at A-1 Auto Repair will take expert care of you and your vehicle.