Whether it's the sound of rattling bones coming from underneath the hood or a creepy squealing while you brake, don't ignore those spooky sounds this October. It's the time for ghosts, ghouls, and frights, but nothing is as frightening at getting stranded on the side of the road. If you notice a strange sound with your vehicle, don't ignore it! It could be your car's way of letting you know that something is wrong. Here are some sounds to look out for and what they can indicate:
- Rattling under the hood - a rattling noise under the hood should never be ignored. This can indicate that a belt, hoses, cap, or other component has come lose. It can also point to a problem with the transmission, so have it checked out right away.
- Squealing or screeching noise when braking - this can be a sign that you need new brake pads.
- Whirring or wheezing noise - this is a symptom of a transmission problem, and needs to be looked at as soon as possible.
- Clicking noise when you turn the ignition - if your car isn't starting and you hear that clicking noise when you turn the key, there could be an issue with the battery, starter, spark plugs, or other component.
- Sputtering noises - sputtering can be a sign of a fuel system issue
As soon as you hear any of the sounds listed above, don't hesitate to bring your vehicle into the experts here at A-1 Auto Repair for an inspection and we will help get to the bottom of your spooky sound!